Sunday, December 9, 2018

AN UNFORGETTABLE 80-HOUR EXPERIENCE



Study.
  Work.

   Live.





It's me Jasmine! Today our work immersion is about to come to an end.


What is work immersion, you asked?


The Senior High School work immersion program requires companies to give 80 hours per student to experience the work. This will enable students to become familiar with the workplace, experience workplace simulation and apply their competencies in areas of specialization. It is also expected to help develop life and career skills and prepare learners to make decisions about postsecondary education or employment.


It's a life-changing experience. Mine was absolutely the best.



My work immersion experience was one of a kind I developed technical and life skills such as work ethics- the patience and discipline it takes to create a product such as the iSense. I’ve gathered a whole new perspective on life as a trainee and not as a student. 

Reflecting back to my first day at Creotec, it was one of the most memorable days of my time at work. After being introduced to everyone, I was handed a tender to work on, in which they had asked me for recommendations to improve certain aspects of the project wherever I see fit, as well as my opinions on the project as an entirety. They were very open and happy for me to contribute as much as I wanted to, and were open to any suggestions and ideas. This instantly made me feel comfortable and definitely made me feel as though I was part of the team.   

I will never forget this incredible experience as I am beyond grateful for all the workers here; they made work easier and more fulfilling admist all the tiredness and complains.  

 5s (seiton, seisō, seiketsu, and shitsuke translated as "Sort", "Set In order", "Shine", "Standardize" and "Sustain") really enhanced my discipline in and out of my comfort zone. I was more aware and considerate of my surroundings; thus, it allowed me to be more clean and organised. This would not be possible without Creotec. We were also able to make 596 products of iSense in 4 days; hence making us hold the title of the most products made thus far. It was through teamwork and dedication that made all this possible, and that is simply the greatest fulfillment we have achieved. 

This exposure has developed and enhanced my work ethics and habits. It also opened my mind and heart to the harsh realities of environment in a workplace. I am so proud of my class and myself, we worked as professionals, and gathered a learning that we will carry on when we pursue our own careers. 

This has taught me to seek great purpose and allow the values I have acquired through this Work Immersion flourish, so that this will not only positively affect me, but also those who surround me. I thank Creotec for the last time for this experience of a lifetime. 


No comments:

Post a Comment